Descripton of Project
Implementation of a 2½ week internship study tour in Odense for professionals from the Department of National Solid Waste Management, Ministry of Housing and Local Government, Malaysia, covering:
- Overall structure and organisation of Odense Waste Management Company Ltd. as well as general management principles.
- Overview and practical procedures of financial management.
- Public relation initiatives and activities
- Customer support and administration in relation to household waste collection.
- Different kinds of household waste collection with e.g. bins, containers and mobile vacuum truck.
- Various types and sizes of recycling stations.
- Hazardous waste collection (stationary as well as mobile truck facilities).
- Overall solid waste planning and regulation.
- Logistics and route planning.
- Fee calculation principles and fee collection methods.
- Guidance and supervision of solid waste handling at public and private enterprises.
- Environmental reporting (ISO 14001 & EMAS)
- National compilation of solid waste statistics (ISAG).
- Project planning and management principles.
- Tendering procedures.
- Operation of Odense Environmental Centre and Sanitary Landfill,
- Rehabilitation of closed dumpsite, including leachate monitoring and control, landfill gas extraction and creation of new recreational area.